Thursday, April 9, 2009

The Return Of The Great Family Vacation



Last year my family went on a vacation. We rented a cabin on Crystal Lake for a week. It was awesome! We had such a great time. My brothers came in from Oregon and New York City, and the whole family got to sit around lounge and relax. The family planned on going this year, but my mom and her husband, who treated us kids last year, decided us kids were going to pay our share this year. We were all about it until jobs started getting cut and numerous people in my family lost their jobs. Originally the cost was going to be $500 per couple to cover the rental cost. If money were coming in, it wouldn't have been that big of deal.

After discussing the family vacation over and over again, it was looking pretty grim that we would be able to go this year. Not any more! My mom sent an email to all of us telling us Gerry, her husband, didn't like the idea of not taking the family vacation this year, so he decided to treat the whole family and pay for the cabin! What an awesome surprise! I can't believe he did that. It was so sweet of Gerry to spring for the cost of the cabin this year.

I am so excited to spend another week on Crystal Lake this year. It's going to be so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment