Thursday, April 2, 2009

Birkenstocks Changed My Life



I have foot problems. When I was 6 I fell and broke my leg. I was in a full leg cast for about 6 months. Back when I was little casts were made of heavy plaster. Due to wearing a full leg plaster cast for so long, my growth plate on the right side of my leg was thrown out of whack, resulting in my walking with a slight limp. After years of of limping, my hip has begun to act up causing pain. I was also born with no arches in my feet. Having no arches has caused me to have very weak ankles. Weak ankles have caused me plenty of sprained and bruised ankles over the years. Shoes have always been an issue with me.
When I met Drew he owned a pair of Birkenstocks, Drew highly recommended I get a pair. I was hesitant. Brikenstocks seemed so pricey to me. Drew insisted it was worth it. I gave in and bought my first pair. I fell instantly in love with Birkenstocks. Birkenstocks are so comfortable. When I wear them, my feet feel great. I am given what would be a natural arch, which really helps take pressure off my feet when I walk. When I wear Birkenstocks, I am able to be on my feet for 10 plus hours at a time without my feet aching or swelling. The style of Birkenstocks is so neutral I can wear them with just about any outfit. That really helps when traveling because I don't have to worry about bringing multiple pair of shoes. Birkenstock has a lifetime guarantee with their shoes. If/when the souls of the shoes wear down, send them back to the company and they will replace the souls for you. That alone makes the price of Birkenstocks worth it.

I am on my third pair of Birkenstocks. I will be a fan for life. I guess you could say Birkenstocks changed my life

3 comments:

  1. Wow thanks for sharing- I know my mom has feet problems, so I will let her know about Birkenstocks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just think of Travis Birkenstock from Clueless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Birkenstock DOES NOT have a lifetime guarantee.

    ReplyDelete