Monday, April 20, 2009

How Did I Get The Job I have Now?

There is a message board I frequent. One of the guys on the board asked people how they ended up at the job they are in. This is the answer I posted about my job.

Out of high school I was going to school to be a high school English teacher. I got bored with the classes and realized I really didn't like English and didn't want to be a teacher. growing up, I always told my dad I wanted to work in radio or TV. My dad told me I had to pick a better career and one where I could make real money. My dad was very against the Broadcasting industry. After my dad passed away, I dropped out of school. I was convinced I could get by without a degree. Dead end job after dead end job, I decided to "chase my dream" and go back to school for Broadcasting.
I was taking a Video Production class. the class was held in our schools studio. A few weeks into my class I approached my now boss, with my resume in hand and said if he ever needed any help around the studio I would be willing to work with him. I handed him my resume and didn't expect him to hire me since I had no experience. he hired me on the spot, I started a few weeks later. to show him how much I wanted to work with him, I worked my first three months without pay (I did eventually get paid for those three months)

I absolutely love my job. every day is different. I have learned so much being a Production Assistant. I have worked on some awesome shoots. Since starting my job I have been able to add director, producer, camera operator and audio operator to my resume.
I work with three of the best people on the face of the planet. The guys I work with are my extended family. If given the chance, I wouldn't change my job for anything. I am still a year from graduation, so I may have another year working here. Just today I was telling on of the guys at work how sad it's going to be if I ever have to leave my job. Since Drew is looking for work out of state, I do have a slight chance of having to leave my job. The idea of leaving makes me so sad

No comments:

Post a Comment