Wednesday, February 18, 2009

(second) Best Valentine's Day Ever!!


This past Saturday was Valentine's Day. Valentine's Day 2004, Drew proposed. Since then, every year I harass Drew about what he's going to get me for Valentine's Day. Drew's usual answer is "You'll get nothing and like it!" I then let Drew off the hook and remind him Valentine's Day is the anniversary of us getting engaged and nothing else.

This year, maybe because it's been five years. Drew asked me if I'd like to have a date night in: dinner, play some games and watch a movie. I was so there!

Valentine's Day started of awesome! I slept in until noon, came downstairs to coffee and Drew watching a crime show, while cuddling with Harlo (our dog). The rest of the day was spent with us on the couch switching between reruns of House and Law & Order (all three). We were feeling really lazy and were craving Chinese food. We tried getting food delivered, just to find out (according to the owner of the Chinese place) our house doesn't exist and we lied about our address. Plan B. We decided to get off our lazy asses and pick up carryout. It was so yummy! We enjoyed our takeout over a crimeshow or two.
We ended the evening watching Sex And The City movie in bed, while snuggling with our dog. Drew was a trooper. He made it through 1 hour and 26 minutes of the movie! Not bad Drew. Not bad

2 comments:

  1. GO DREW!!!!!! This sounds like a wonderful Valentine's Day. Chinese food sounds good know I'm starving. The simple things are wonderful sometimes and sleeping in until noon is always good. I however cannot sleep past 7 am. This Saturday I was happy to sleep until noon after only two of the best Amaretto Sours in life and a corned beef and swiss omelette at 4 a.m.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You definitely had a better v-day than me- my boyfriend couldn't get work off :(
    Glad you had a great time though!

    ReplyDelete