Thursday, February 26, 2009

A Hair Adventure

Last night I was talking to one of my fellow classmates. This particular classmate has long and beautiful hair. I recently discovered a great leave-in creme detangler and told my class mate about it. As I was explaining to her what I use and how I use stuff I used the word rotate. As in "I rotate out this product and this product", after the laughing subsided, classmate asked me if I was serious about "rotating" products, I told her yes and she then suggested I blog about my hair product rotation. Here it goes:

We will start with shampoo: I rotate between 7 different shampoos and conditioners (s/c). Currently is my shower I have Pantene Beautiful Lengths s/c, Pantene Beautifuls Lengths 2 in 1 Shampoo/Conditioner, Loreal Texture Line s/c, Aveda Damage Control s/c, Sexy Healthy Hair s/c, Ion Color Extender s/c and Biolage Matrix s/c.
Usually when I wash my hair I condition my ends first, then wash my roots (not the ends) and then condition my ends again - this is know as wash condition wash. After washing my hair I squeeze out the excess water, with a wide tooth comb I comb out my hair and place a microfiber towel around my hair. I leave the towel on for at least 20 minutes to help speed along the drying process.
(I wash my hair about three times a week (less if I can swing it). Ideally I would love to wash it once a week, with water washes in between, but I just can't get used to how oily my hair can get. I try to go as long as I can between washes and work my natural oils down my hair shaft. Natural hair oils are so good for the hair.)

After the towel is removed, I use my detangler product(s). I start with misting my hair (roots and ends) with a mix of water and Pantene conditioner, finger combing that combo through. Then I use either Redken Anti-Snap, Pantene Naturals Leave-In Creme or Pantene Restorative Leave-In Creme - those three are my current leave-in rotation. I do have about 12 other leave-ins/styling aids I use from time to time - some day, when you're older I'll make a list of all the product I use.
Once my product of choice has been applied, using a wide tooth comb, I comb the product through my hair concentrating on the ends.
I usually do not use heat on my hair. I am working on getting rid of a lot of damage, so heat is the last thing I need to apply to my hair. I do own a hairdryer, I use it maybe three times a year. The only other times I use heat on my hair is when I go to the salon. I have been air drying my hair for 6 years. Usually it takes my hair anywhere from 4-6 hours to dry. It depends on the weather.

Once my hair is dry I usually pull it back. I am a ponytail addict. If it were better for my hair, I'd wear one more often. That's about it. I an pretty particular about my hair, yet I do nothing with it. Some days I love my hair, other days I think "maybe I would look good with a bob", then reality smacks me in the face and reminds me that no, I do not look good with short hair. I am a long hair kind of girl.

2 comments:

  1. LOL I totally loved it- and don't regret asking btw :P

    Oh and thanks for the complement :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. shit's whack, but entertaining nonetheless. I love you.

    ReplyDelete