Thursday, February 12, 2009

Fabio. I Feel Your Pain. Without The Cameras Of Course

Yesterday I was doing homework, editing to be exact. I was sitting crossed legged with my laptop on my lap. I leaned over to grab something off the coffee table, as I'm leaning my leg twitched or moved or something and I ended up whacking myself in the nose with my laptop. It hurt so freakishly bad (at the time) it wasn't even funny. I had this shooting pain going from the bridge of my nose radiating into my eye sockets and down into my cheeks. Immediately my nose begins running and I notice one nostril is just about blocked. I start to freak out a bit thinking my nose is broken. I went online to look up how to know if your nose is broken, I didn't want to go to the Emergency Room just to find out it wasn't broken. I have a few of the symptoms described online. I found out with a broken nose, it's not always obvious right away. Sometimes a person won't know their nose is broken for a week or two. From what I read, the big test with the nose is when going to sleep. Lying down causes a lot of pressure and pain to the nose. I did have quite a bit of pain when I was trying to sleep last night. I may have slept a total of four hours - due to pain and 50 mile per hour winds.

My nose still hurts. It hurts when I form certain letters and when I drink out of bottles. I can't scratch my nose too hard and vigorously trying to rub my nose is completely out of the question. All I can do is keep an eye on my nose, look for swelling (none) or bruising (none) or abnormal amounts of drainage (none). I think I'm good. I'm no doctor, but I'm guessing my schnoz isn't broken, probably just bruised.

4 comments:

  1. I hope your nose is doing better!
    This is one of moments were it isn't funny at the moment because it hurts, but will laugh about it later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My clumsy comrade. I am so sorry to hear of your misadventure. This takes me to a hotel room where someone I know fell in the shower. It would be horrible if your nose is or was broken. I could then boast of having three friends who broke their noses. The first was my friend Jeffrey Clyburn a.k.a Duck he broke his nose while in middle School and acquired the nickname name. He went on to play high school football and is quiet the socialite these days. My second friend is Markita. She was elbowed while playing for our high school basketball team and quit the team immediately. BOO!!! The nose breaker's response was " Your nose shouldn't have been in the way".
    If your nose is in fact broken I can share your story. In all seriousness I hope your nose it not broken and you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor kid. Even though you are older than me. Everyone needs a good "poor kid" once in a while so, I will give it to you.

    ReplyDelete