Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Spiders To Me Are Like Birds To Keisha

Surprisingly enough I was talking to Keisha on the phone when this happened.

(backstory) I HATE spiders. I always have and I'm sure I always will yet I don't know why I hate them so. I remember when I was little, about 5 or 6, I was with my sister in our bedroom "cleaning" (sorry Drew, cleaning has always been an issue with me) when I saw a spider crawling on the back of our bedroom door. I FREAKED OUT. I start screaming at the top of my lungs, not saying anything just screaming. My sister decides to join me (I found out later she didn't know what we were screaming about). There we are standing about 4 feet away from our closed bedroom door screaming. My dad comes flying up the stairs, tears open the door (he probably expected one of us girls missing a limb), tries to calm us down and asks what's wrong. I take a deep breath, stick my arm straight out, point and the door and scream "SPIDER!" My dad stopped, looked at us, walked into the bathroom, grabbed some tissue, came back in the room, squashed the spider and told us to never ever scream like that for a silly little spider.
I have been traumatized ever since.

When I see a spider, I don't quite freakout anymore, but I get a sick feeling in my stomache and I get grossed out. The feeling is worse when the spider moves (ewwww.....)
Last night was a big night for me. I had just gotten home from school, I was getting ready to go out to J's Bar and talking to Keisha. As I was making my way upstairs from the basement (the spider disco in my house), I notice a spider on the backdoor. Trying to ignore the ew feeling, I announce to Keisha that there's a spider on the door, I mustered up what I could, took off my Birkenstock and actually killed the thing. Of course I was giving Keisha a play by play. I make my way into the kitchen, as I'm walking I look up and see another FREAKING spider!! What the deuce? I kickoff my Birkenstock again, give Keisha the play by play and killed yet another spider. The bummer part was I realise I have to dispose of the bodies.
I think that's the part I hate most. What if the spider comes back to life? What if when I throw the body away, not only does the spider come back to life, but actually crawls out of the garbage can? I know I could flush it, but what if, again, the spider comes back to life crawls up the toilet and pays me a visit on my next visit?

I did scraped the bodies off the door and the wall and threw them in the garbage. Of course when I walk by the garbage I check to see if the little buggers have resurrected and made their way out of the garbage can. As of now, they haven't. So far so good.

3 comments:

  1. Courtney be encouraged. You were able to eliminate the spiders without any help. I will not tango with a sparrow alone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Courtney, always always always make sure the spider is dead and then flush it. The probability of him crawling out of the sewer and back up the toilet is much less than the probability of him crawling out of the trash. Know your odds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you know that each person eats about 8 spiders a year in their sleep?

    LOL
    I'm mean aren't I?

    ReplyDelete