Wednesday, March 18, 2009

So Full Of Yourself And Then Some

I wonder about people. I've always been fascinated with people who are full of themselves. I get that people can and should be proud of their accomplishments, that's fine. I hate when people are too proud of what they do/have done and constantly talk about it. I think these people are the ones who overuse the word I when talking.

There is one person I know who loves to talk about everything them. At first it was interesting, but I'm over the interesting part of it. One day this person and I were talking about relationships and marriage. I asked the person about their wedding and was told they spent quite a while planning it. Understandable. Then I got to hear about all the research they did for said wedding. The research was so they could have the perfect wedding. Understandable. I was then told how this person wasn't going to settle for just any wedding and stressed again how perfect it had to be. Then I was told how absolutely perfect their wedding was and it was because of how strategically they planned their wedding. Okay, thanks for beating the horse, I get it, your wedding was perfect.

This person and I talked about real estate once. I got to hear all about how they did such extensive research about buying a house. Understandable. It didn't stop there. This person went on and on about the perfect house they found and how the area they moved into had to have the best schools and how they weren't going to settle for just anything. Be proud of your house, fine but again the horse has been beaten and then some.

I learned the hard way to not ask this person about education and their background. When talking to them about education I got an earful. The school they attended was so carefully chosen and researched. The school they chose to go to had to be perfect and I had to hear all about how well they did while in school and the awesome grades they made and how much work they put into getting their degree. We've all been there, we know school is tough.

Now when talking to this person, I don't even listen. I get tired of hearing the great stories about this person and what they have accomplished and how much work they did. I also get sick of hearing about how things this person has done is how things are done in the real world. Do I not live in the real world? Last I checked I am not living in a comic book. I am living in the real world. Or am I?

1 comment:

  1. I totally know who you are talking about, which is sad and pathetic because I have made the EXACT same mistakes that you have made in regards to the questions you asked.

    ReplyDelete