Monday, March 23, 2009

The Great Parking Permit Mystery


So I had to get to school a little earlier than I usually would. Usually I have to be on campus by 3:30 on Mondays for work. I volunteered to do some shooting for another class so I had to be here at 2:00. As I'm waiting for the light at 10 mile to change, I'm looking at the parking lot by the Technology Building and it looks pretty packed. Who am I kidding, it's almost ALWAYS packed. It's torture trying to find a spot in Technology. So I drive around in circles for a while, take a look at the time and I gotta go! I decide to do something I never ever do, I "invent a spot". I hate when people do this and now I am one of those people. I would have parked by Management or even Science, but I was late and had to get inside. I did this with the intention of going outside either between filming and starting work or sometime after I started work. I "invented my spot" at 2:00 and was outside to move my car by 4:30(ish). When I got out to my car, my fear of (almost) all fears had come true. I got a parking ticket. My first ever parking ticket in my career at Lawrence Tech. I should be glad I didn't get a boot, I would have been PISSED!!!!

I noticed something on my $25.00 ticket that I have a question about. At the bottom of the ticket, there is a section for 'Officer Notes", there is a check mark in that spot and written next to it is "No Permit". Do we really have parking permits here? Were we given parking permits when we started school here? Did I miss my permit in my freshman welcome packet? Do we actually get parking tickets for not having parking permits? I must investigate The Great Parking Permit Mystery..........to be continued

2 comments:

  1. I got a parking permit my freshman year, however when I got a new car I didn't get one. I don't really know how they enforce this because we don't have lots designated for only students, only faculty, only visitors, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did register my information when I got her too but Don't have the same vehicle. YOu should really fight this ticket.

    ReplyDelete