Thursday, December 31, 2009

Thanks a lot you f****r. You want fries with that?

I have 10 nieces and nephews. They range in age from 7 - 2 1/2 months. My sister, Heather and her husband Matt are responsible for 6 of the 10 munchkins. I'll be one of the first people to admit that when all the kids get together it's LOUD in the house! I like to watch my sister's kids once in a while to give my Heather and her Matt a break. Recently I was going to watch Heather's bunch and I had this awesome idea to take the kids out to eat. When I announced my plan to Heather and Matt, they both told me I was nuts. I'm the Auntie, I like adventure.

I took the kids to a coney (simple and cheap) and spent the next few hours wrangling kids, high chairs, booster seats, french fries, chicken tenders, chocolate milk and sundaes. All in all the evening out with the kids was a success. I was complimented by the waitress and the manager on how well behaved the kids were. I was pretty impressed with myself and the kids. Heather and Matt's kids are very well behaved. I'm not saying they are the *best* behaved kids every day of the year, but they are well behaved.

I bring this up because I came across this article (author unknown. 2009) the other day. I know there are kids who go into restaurants and are not that well behaved. Everyone has been there. I was a waitress for a few years, I know how much fun the table with kids isn't guaranteed to be. But, this goes too far.

The ironic thing about the couples visit to the restaurant is that they were sitting in what was named The Kid Zone (a kid friendly part of the restaurant). If a server is going to work in the kid friendly part of the restaurant, I would think they should have a bit of patience. Kids can be very cranky/crabby when hungry, throw in not allowing the kid to walk around and you're not going to have too happy of a kiddo.

I do think the waitress went too far by, even if it was a joke, calling the little girl a little f****r. The restaurant manager should have offered the family a bit more than an apology.

________________________________________________________________________________
Daily Mail Reporter - writer unknown Thanks you little f*****, family horrified after restaurant bill makes clear what waiters think of Molly, two http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1212583/Family-horrified-getting-restaurant-describing-year-old-daughter-little-f--er.html September 11, 2009

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoy being "Uncle Matt" to three of the coolest little kids on the planet. I have also noticed that during dinner is the exact time that they prefer not to eat .

    ReplyDelete